Help! Calm The Skies
Call to Action to Reduce the
Disruptive Airplane Noise
Over Our Neighborhoods
This Surf Air Problem will only Grow Worse!
- Surf Air, a private air-travel service, is flying extremely noisy planes directly over our neighborhoods—our homes and local schools—each and every day, including weekends.
- Surf Air currently has 12 daily low-flying flights to the San Carlos Airport and this number is expect to at least double over the next year; that could be one flight every 1/2 hour.
Why This is a Serious Problem:
The World Health Organization reports that excessive noise is unhealthy and creates a harsher environment for work and home. Aircraft flying the same route multiple times a day pose a higher safety risk for anyone living near the flight path or attending one of the nearby schools.
Click map to see area affected:
How you can help:
Attend this important community meeting:
- Get the word Out — Get involved — Rally your neighbors!
- Call Surf Air and complain: 888-704-2582
- Email the Surf Air CEO Jeff Potter: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call the San Carlos Airport Noise Hotline to document disruptive flights: 650-573-2666
- Download and distribute this Flyer: at farmers market, to Encinal parents, etc.
- Download this form letter and mail it to the FAA.
- Contact your San Mateo County supervisor:
Warren Slocum (650-363-4570), Don Horsley (650-363-4569)
- History/petition/information at Change.org
- Please contact us to offer help or support, or with questions.
a neighbor-based group working to keep our community free of disruptive Surf Air flights
Last update: 09/16/14